For Procedures Scheduled at Providence Hospital:
Pre Procedure COVID-19 testing for Providence Hospital is by walk in only, no appointment necessary. Providence does not require a lab order from an IMA Physician when they are scheduled at their facility for the procedure.
Providence does require their COVID-19 test to be done 48 hours prior to their procedure.
PAMC Locations and Times of testing: (24-48 hours prior)
- Health Park PSC (STU Towers): 3841 Piper Street, Suite #T211. (Monday – Friday 7am – 6pm; Saturday – Sunday 7am – 3pm)
- Tudor Square PSC: 3425 E Tudor Road. (Monday – Friday 6am – 4:30pm)
- Huffman PSC (inside Providence Primary Care office): 1389 Huffman Park Drive, Suite 202 (Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5:30pm Closed for lunch 12:30pm – 1:30pm)
For Procedures Scheduled at Anchorage Endoscopy Center & Alaska Regional Hospital:
The COVID-19 test is a requirement for all surgical patients at Anchorage Endoscopy Center & Alaska Regional Hospital.
UPDATE: Effective 11/10/2020 for all Procedures scheduled on 11/12/2020 and moving forward, All Pre-Procedural testing for Anchorage Endoscopy Center will be done at Alaska Regional Hospital and MUST be obtained within 48 hours PRIOR to patient’s scheduled procedure:
2801 Debarr Road, Anchorage, AK 99508
This test is by appointment only.
Please call 907-264-2055 to schedule your COVID-19 test.
On the day of the scheduled COVID testing appointment, please go to the testing station on the ARH campus (ARH Campus former Valet parking location – look for signs posted).
- Follow the arrow signs to the Pre-Procedural Testing Station located in the circle drive
- Please be sure to arrive precisely at your appointment time. Patients who come early will be asked to come back and patients who come later will have to be rescheduled.
- Please park in the horseshoe drive up area and walk inside the double doors where COVID-19 testing is indicated. **Masks are Required**
- All staff you see will be wearing masks and some will be wearing additional protective gear
- After you get inside be prepared to show your identification, answer health screening questions and have your temperature taken.
- When it is your turn, you will be provided a COVID-19 testing nasal swab to be self-administered while observed by a healthcare professional.
- The COVID-19 test involves swabbing the inside of your nose
- Please note: You will only be contacted if your test is positive and you need to reschedule your surgery/procedure
- If you are not contacted – please arrive at your scheduled time on the day of your surgery or procedure
For Patients that require COVID19 Pre-Op testing in Wasilla & surrounding areas
Capstone Medical Clinic is our preferred location for testing our pre-op patients in the Wasilla & surrounding areas.
3122 E Meridian Park Loop, Wasilla, AK 99654 (M-F Pre Op COVID Testing 8am-8:30AM/ Saturday and Sunday Pre Op Testing from 10am- 10:30am)
Patients will need to sign up for COVIDsecureapp.com prior to going for their COVID Test (Have patient follow register for COVIDsecureapp.com and under company- please inform the patient to enter Internal Medicine Associates), no order or referral is needed for Pre Op Testing.
All facilities are aggressively abiding by State Health mandates and CDC guidelines that are ever-changing. As a result, COVID testing processes and procedures may be subject to change. If you have any questions regarding COVID testing or facility instructions in preparation for your procedure, we strongly encourage our patients to reach out to the facility directly as soon as possible, to assure appropriate advance planning.